Thursday, September 9, 2010

Sandhill Cranes

One of the things I loved when I lived in Nebraska were the Sandhill cranes. They used to come to Kearney, Nebraska in the hundreds of thousands in the spring and autumn during their migrations. I hadn't seen any Sandhill cranes since moving to Iowa until Tues. evening. We were coming home from the Farmers Market when three big birds flew in front of us. I thought they were Sandhill cranes but wasn't sure so we turned around and drove back and yep I was right. There were three Sandhill cranes out in a field.

Iowa Sandhill Cranes card
Iowa Sandhill Cranes by angelandspot
Create cards online at zazzle.com




Iowa Sandhill Cranes card
Iowa Sandhill Cranes by angelandspot
Design your own greeting cards online at Zazzle

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

Very fun! What cool birds to see out there!

Kathleen said...

Very fun! What cool birds to see out there!